Some of you may have heard rumours that the next R*E*P*E*A*T
compilation is now upon us; this CD is a benefit in aid of Love Music
Hate Racism and features rare or exclusive tracks from Kinesis,
Asian Dub Foundation, Antihero, Miss Black America, Chris T-T, Neo,
The Virgin Suicides, We Can Build You, Corporation : Blend , Kneehigh,
King Adora, Impact, The Dawn Parade, Cosy Cosy, Volunteers and The Exiles.
The album is entitled, in the best tradition of R*E*P*E*A*T compilations,
Fear of a Black Kennett!
The CD is available nationwide via Backs / Shellshock
/ Pinnacle distribution, or for £8 plus 50p postage from PO Box
438, Cambridge, CB4 1FX - cheques to 'R. Rose' please
Fear of a Black Kennett - running order
1) Kinesis - And They Obey (demo version)
2) MBA - Drowning By Numbers
3) Chris T-T - 7 Hearts
4) Neo - Ashleigh
5) The Virgin Suicides - Just As Dead Now (live)
6) The Dawn Parade - Wider Than The January Skies
7) Antihero - Who's Looking Out For Number One?
8) Kneehigh - Double Down
9) The Exiles - The Not Gate (Purple Original Mix)
10) We Can Build You - In and Out
11) King Adora - Born To Lose
12) The Dawn Parade - Caffeine Row
13) Impact - Reaching Out
14) Cosy Cosy - Oh Yeah
15) Antihero - Limb From Limb
16) Corporation Blend - The Shutdown
17) The Virgin Suicides - Little Mannequin (acoustic)
18) Neo - Die In America
19) Volunteers - Shallow Stuff
20) MBA vs Tex La Homa - All I Want Is Out
21) Asian Dub Foundation - Black and White
Ignorance is Bliss?
A piece adapted from Issue 4 of R*E*P*E*A*T by Steven Wells
Nazis are raising their verminous little heads. Not just in Britain,
where their rise is being countered by the efforts of anti Nazis such
as The Anti Nazi League who organised last years massive Love Music
Hate Racism carnival, but all over Europe. Lets not call them
fascists or Nationalists. The BNP, the Front
National and their demented ilk are NAZIS - as in Adolf Hitler, as in
gas chambers. The only legitimate first response to them is disgust.
These scumbags have to be stopped.
And whats that got to do with pop music? Apart from EVERYTHING?
Hitler banned jazz in Germany, fans and musicians alike ended up in
concentration and death camps, alongside Jews, gypsies, gays and socialists.
A BNP government would destroy rock music. OUR music, with its roots
in working class black and white America, with its tendency to mix apparently
separate cultural influences from all over the world, is
an anathema to the Nazis.
Can you imagine what the music would be like under a government dedicated
to ethnic purity? What would we have left? Morris dancing?
Not even that. Morris is an English corruption of Moorish,
meaning North African, meaning black. The Nazis have no culture, no
art, no music. They are anti-life, anti-human. They hate you, they hate
the way you dress, they hate every single record in your collection
- every pop or rock record is by definition an anti-Nazi record.
Sometimes this has to be made explicit. The only thing preventing the
Nazis from growing further here, as they have elsewhere in Europe, is
the determination of normal anti-Nazis. People like us.
Its time to make a stand.